In it she describes reading as inhaling and writing as exhaling. That is me.
***
I spent all last week inside the house with this odd virus. I had limited energy all week, but by Saturday was feeling much better.
However, after spending the better part of the day doing normal Saturday activities (e.g. laundry, dishes, cleaning up the house, etc), I found myself exhausted. So, I headed to the quiet of my room, with the hope of taking a nap.
I cuddled up in bed, and decided to read for a bit. I had started Carry on, Warrior in the morning, so continued reading from where I had left off. The first words I read that afternoon were, “Reading is my inhale and writing is my exhale." Yes.
I read a few more chapters and then decided I really did need to try and sleep. So, I laid my head down on my pillow and got nice and comfy. Do you know what happened? This post happened.
Not sleep. Instead, my head became filled with thoughts that I felt compelled to share. I couldn't sleep. Not now. Not when I needed to write.
I hadn't slept, yet I felt energized. Why? Because I had taken a deep breath. I had read words. Words that meant something to me. Words that made me feel like I belonged, like I was not alone. And, then, I wrote about those words, anticipating, hoping that you would not feel alone either.
I love reading. I love writing. While they are not the only things I love, they are essential for me. They are breath.
What is breath for you? If you don't know, I challenge you to figure it out. Then, once you discover it, take action.
Keep breathing, friends.

3 comments:
I hope you are completely better soon!!
Naps. Naps are breathing for me.
Just kidding. But I do love me a nice nap on a Sunday afternoon!
I also love to read. I write when I'm inspired or when I have time. But I always make time to read. Problem is, I have so many half-read books lying around! It drives my husband nuts LOL
i love her blog and want to read that book!
Post a Comment